La Bretagne –Altaya – France

Heard about a new partwork ? Tell us here

Re: La Bretagne –Altaya – France

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bird_d00 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Just today announced on the Modelspace forum, that this will be available for UK sometime in 2018. No mention of whether it will be as a full kit, or a partwork. Now that's a dilemna - do I start again with the UK edition ?

David Bird
bird_d00
Corporal
Corporal

Postby snapdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Depends on how far you are in to the partwork, David.

For a start, if you are able to follow French instructions happily then I would say keep going as then you won't have wasted money and time. We don't know when in 2018 these partworks are going to appear and so it could be half way through the French publication.

Still, it is your choice, but as a Yorkshireman I would keep going and not swap and waste money and build time.

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby bird_d00 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Now announced that this (and all the other models just announced) will be available by monthly subscription. There will be further announcements for more new models to be issued as full kits next year.

I'm not sure that abandoning the French edition would actually cost more money, as it works out at about £10 an issue (including postage) for 140 issues, and you don't get the gifts anyway. As the packaging has already deteriorated from that used for the first few issues, I can also foresee further issues damaged in the post from France. So unless this model is dramatically more expensive than the other subscription builds, it would be way cheaper to wait for the UK edition.

Much as I would like to continue with the French edition (I don't have any trouble with French instructions), it doesn't make any sense to go on. I can use the time and money saved to build something else instead, then continue with the La Bretagne when it comes out here next year. If the Wasa comes out at a reasonable price in the next few weeks as promised, I could be very tempted by that (I built the Airfix version as a teenager), otherwise I'll go for one of the smaller kits such as the Hermione or San Juan/San Fransisco II.

David Bird
bird_d00
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Jordansdaddy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 pm

How do you order this from this website?
Everybody gets a choice in life... It may not be the choices you want, but you still have a choice
Jordansdaddy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 pm

When this partwork goes live in 2018 ( no actual date yet) there will be a link posted here on this thread where you can go and subscribe. We are probably some time off yet if they are only saying "Some time in 2018!"

I'm looking forwards personally to the Tirpitz and I hope I can get it though my Newsagent!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Jordansdaddy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Can't wait for the tirpitz either it's similar to the bismark isn't it? Which I built a few years back but sadly been ruined over the years and moving house
Everybody gets a choice in life... It may not be the choices you want, but you still have a choice
Jordansdaddy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 am

They were sister ships, but there were differences in regarding AA batteries, their positions and also ships equipment.

If you want a complete Bismarck set to replace your broken one then there is one here:

http://mavzolhobby.com/store/hachette/battleship-bismarck-scale-1200/

I have not purchased from them and you will probably fall foul of customs with VAT, import etc. but even with those and the shipping costs it is a good deal!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby builder76 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Wow what a detailed & beautiful kit, looks absolutely stunning. :drool: :drool:
Although I`m sure some of you are aware I build AFV`s mainly in WW2 dios , this kit almost make me want to build it. :cry:
But I feel it would be a very overambitious project for me with no real ship build expertise to rely on(I did build an Airfix Victory many moons ago ) Would like to forget the end result. :oops:
If anyone going to build it I will watch with avid interest. :D 8-)

John
Life requires patience & understanding, as do hobbies.
builder76
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Previous

Return to Partwork previews